Sunday 9 March 2014

Sedin Dujone by Pandit Ravi Shankar



There are some songs which I used to dislike. However with change of time and place sometimes I changed and now I like those songs immensely. One such song is “Sedin Dujone dulechinu bon e” by Tagore. I heard this many many times while in Kolkata. However I never quite liked it. I thought it was too mushy. In fact this song is an all time favorite romantic song for many. But my views changed until I heard last year Pandit Ravi Shankar playing it on sitar and singing it too in a London concert. I am thankful to the uploader of this following Youtube video. 



The music, the description by Pandit ji, the ambience….something influenced me heavily to like this song. Maybe the idea of “Forget me not” behind this song made me like it because every mortal like me want to be remembered by others. The melancholic strains urging to remind one of good times gone by appealed to me. There are 'n' number of versions of this song in Youtube now. However other than Pandit ji’s version, no version of this song made me sit and appreciate like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment